Friday, October 14, 2011

Maybe I Do Need A Roadie (Beat Up By A Bungee Cord)...

Funny thing happened to me on the way to my So Pas gig yesterday...  While loadin' up my cart to make the trek to my playin' spot, a bungee cord snapped and hit me in the face right below my left eye (ouch).  Woulda been nice if I was done packin' the cart, but nope just got started.  When I noticed I was bleeding I got a little scared.  I grabbed one of my packin' sheets and kinda stopped the bleeding so I could finish packin' and get my ass where it needed to go.  What a site to see...  Besides lookin' like a crazy homeless dude pullin' my cart through the farmers market, there I was with a sheet pushed against my face to hopefully stop the bleeding so I could set up and start playin'.  Mission accomplished!  Though I was a little late, I started playin' wondering if I looked as bad as I felt.  After a couple of songs, life was good again (at least for a few hours).  Packin' up my stuff and headin' back to the car in the dark (still wonderin' what my face looked like) was an extra special thrill. No worries though... A day later I just look like I got punched in the face, but I'm feelin' fine...Ya know, maybe I do need a roadie :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment